Effective Date: March 10, 2022
Updated Date: April 20, 2022
2. Types of Information We Collect
The following are examples of the types of information that we may collect directly from you, about you, and/or from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
Information collected directly from you:
– Account Registration
Your name, email, phone number and other relevant information when you create an account. We also may collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to provide account related functionalities to our users. Accounts can be used for easy checkout, save your preferences, select areas of interest, and transaction history.
– Information You Post on the Services
When available on the Services, we may collect Personal Information from you when you provide or post information to our Services, including your username, comments, likes, interests, status, pictures, and references to your online presence. We may use this information for our purposes and/or make this information available to others as you request.
– Information You Provide About Others
Sometimes, you may provide information about others- for example, to refer a friend for a newsletter. We may use this information to make our Services available to the people you refer.
– Mailing List
If you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address and/or postal address. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to share information about our products or services.
– Partner Promotion
We collect information that you may choose to provide as part of a promotion with another company. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to fulfill our promotions.
If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we may collect your name and e
–mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, to reply. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to receive and act upon your feedback or issues.
Information We Collect Automatically:
– Device information and identifiers
We automatically collect information such as IP address; time zones, browser type and language; operating system; platform type; device type; software and hardware attributes; and unique device, advertising, and app identifiers.
– Internet network and device activity data
Information such as files you download, domain names, landing pages, browsing activity, content or ads viewed and clicked, dates and times of access, pages viewed, products, goods or services viewed, forms you complete or partially complete, search terms, uploads or downloads, the URL that referred you to our Services, the web sites you visit after this web site; if you share our content to social media platforms; and other web usage activity and data logged by our web servers, whether you open an email and your interaction with email content, access times, error logs, and other similar information.
– Geolocation information
Information such as city, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address or derived through Wi-Fi triangulation; time zones; and precise geolocation information from GPS-based functionality on your mobile devices, with your permission in accordance with your mobile device settings.
– Data Analytics
We use certain web analytics services, including third-party services such as Google Analytics, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use our Services. We may collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to monitor our networks and the visitors to our websites. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on both an individual and aggregated basis. These analytics services, including third-party services such as Google Analytics, also use this information to place advertisements for our products on other websites that you visit after your use of the Site. These advertisements may be based on actions such as the pages you visited and actions you take during your use of the site.
Information from Third Parties:
We may also collect the information outlined above, such as contact information, demographic and social media information, from other sources including public and commercial data sources, affiliates, entities providing conferences and other event, marketers, social media networks, third party advertising partners in accordance with your privacy preferences on such services, and partners such as those providing surveys or sweepstakes with us. We use this information to update, validate or supplement the information that you provide or we collected automatically, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services and offers that may be of interest, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes. If other users of the Services provide information about you, such as your name and mailing address to send a gift or to use our send-to-a-friend functionality, we collect that information from such users.
3. How We Use the Information We Collect
In addition to the purposes and uses described elsewhere in this policy, we may use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you engage with us and our Services.
- To provide content recommendations based on your interactions and interests.
- To make our Services available to you and to complete orders placed in our Services and with our Clients.
- To communicate with you (e.g., about your account or updates to our terms) and to respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To deliver marketing and promotional materials related to our Services in accordance with applicable laws, including information relating to our products, services, sales, marketing research or promotions.
- To monitor, improve, and conduct analytics on our Services and advertiser product offerings.
- For internal administrative purposes, such as safety and security of our Services, and to manage our relationships.
- To detect security incidents, and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions.
- To comply with legal obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, and to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible misconduct.
We may combine the information we collect about you, including from third parties, and conduct cross-device tracking for the marketing and advertising purposes above.
- Bug detection and error reporting, including to understand and resolve technical issues, app crashes and other issues being reported
- Audit consumer interactions on the Services including to measure the placement, frequency, efficacy and compliance of advertising and ad impressions
- Security, Fraud, and Legal Compliance, including by detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity for example to:
- Monitor prevent, and detect fraud, such as through verifying your identity
- Combat spam or other malware or security risks
- Monitor, enforce, and improve the security of our Services
- Comply with any applicable procedures, laws, and regulations, subpoenas, governmental requests or legal process, or in connection with a legal investigation, if in our good faith opinion such is required or permitted by law;
4. How We Share the Information Collected
Lalinev Smart Homes may (and you authorize us to) share or disclose information collected from and about you on the Services to other companies or individuals as set forth below.
- Service Providers. We may provide access to information to vendors that are performing services on our behalf, including fulfilling subscriptions to our Publications, processing and fulfilling orders for other products, goods and services (including, without limitation, through the Stores), managing our email lists and sending email messages on our behalf, processing payments, shipping services, providing customer support, analytics providers, and performing other administrative services, in order to carry out such services.
- Our Affiliates. We may share information we collect within the Lalinev Smart Homes of companies to deliver products and services to you, ensure a consistent level of service across our Services, internal management and administrative purposes on our behalf and enhance our products, services, and your customer experience.
- Information You Disclose Publicly. You may submit photographs, user profiles, written material, music, video, photos, comments and other content, which may include information relating to individual users on the Services.
- Other Individuals, Services, and Partners at Your Request. We will share your information with other individuals and services at your request.
- Third Party Partners to Provide Co-Branded Products and Services. Some of our Services may from time to time partner with a retailer or other third party to offer online shopping opportunities, games, services, subscriptions, registration opportunities for our events and summits and other applications on a co-branded or cross-promotional basis. The information you provide in connection with the transaction may be collected directly by, or shared by LSH with, the third party, as well as with any participating sponsors or advertisers. Some of our Services may offer you the ability to access a third-party site with whom we have a relationship to access both sites through a co-branded registration or password; in that event, your applicable registration information may be collected directly by, or shared by LSH with, the third-party partner.
- Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. We may share your information with partners whose offerings may interest you such as other marketers, magazine publishers, retailers, participatory databases and non-profit organizations. This includes licensing information about your interests and activities, and marketing segments created with such data, which we may share with third parties for their marketing purposes.
5. Manage Your Information
- Access to Your Personal Information. You may request access to your Personal Information that we collect on our own behalf. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you.
- Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your Personal Information. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our Services do not permit you to update or correct certain information, contact us at the address described below. If we are processing your Personal Information on behalf of one of our clients, we will respond that we are operating as a Service Provider and are unable to act on your request.
- Deletion of Your Personal Information. When we collect information on our own behalf, we typically retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your Personal Information by contacting us. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in some situations we must keep your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes. If we are processing your Personal Information on behalf of one of our clients we will respond that we are operating as a Service Provider and are unable to act on your request.
- Revocation of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us
Note that, as required by law, in order to process your request, we will require you to prove your identity. Depending on your request, we will require, at minimum, you to provide your name, phone number, and email address. We may require additional information to verify your identity dependent upon the sensitivity of the personal information related to your request.
6. How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. If we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your Personal Information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Our website permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password or device, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
7. Retention of Your Information
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
8. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We use and allow certain other companies to use certain tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies (collectively, “Cookies”) on the Services. To see an explanation what these technologies are and why we use them, as well as your rights to control our use of them. We endeavor to adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) self-regulatory principles governing interest-based advertising.
We implement appropriate administrative, technical and security safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of the information we collect. However, no systems can be completely secure. Therefore, while LSH uses reasonable efforts to protect your information, LSH cannot guarantee its absolute security, and your use of the Services indicates your agreement to assume this risk.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission of Information to Other Countries. As a multi-national company, we may transmit information between and among our affiliates. As a result, your information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. We take steps to treat personal information using the laws of the country in which we first received your information.
For certain jurisdictions your Personal Information may be subject to the laws of the country to which it is transferred, and if permitted by law, may be accessible without notice to you by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of that country. By using and participating in any of our Services or providing us with your information, you acknowledge the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
- Collection of Information from Children. We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy and safety of children, and our website and services are directed towards a general audience and are not directed towards children. We do not knowingly collect information about children under the age of 13 or minors otherwise defined in local law or regulation without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that someone under 13 has provided personal information through one of our websites, we will use reasonable efforts to remove that information from our databases.